Expand your sewing skills and learn how to use a serger and sewing machine to make your own leggings. There are six (6) hours of instruction.
You will learn how to get the best results when sewing with knits and learn how to use a twin needle to hem your leggings.
- Learn the various properties of knit fabrics
- How to cut from a commercial sewing pattern
- How to make basic adjustments to the sewing pattern
- Introduction to the serger and Coverstitch machine
- Learn what stitches to use when sewing knits on a regular sewing machine
- Proper hemming techniques for knits
Students will use a sewing machine and/or serger for this class. Students are welcome to bring their own machines, but it is not required. You can also reserve a sewing machine prior to the class (no additional cost).
Our class kit and a sewing pattern are included.
What you will receive in your class kit:
- knit fabric (for 1 pair of leggings)
- leggings pattern (with needed adjustments)
- tracing paper
This class is part of our Sewing With Knits class series. Visit the link provided to learn how to make other knit projects.
This is an intermediate sewing class and we recommend you have some prior sewing experience. You must feel comfortable using a sewing machine and ideally know how to thread a serger and/or sewing machine.
*This class and its content is for personal use only. No portion of this class may be recorded, shared or distributed without the written consent of Crafted Spaces. Please review our Terms and Conditions before registering.